One of the most widely used methods to obtain permanent resident status in the United States is through employment. There are five classifications for employment-based immigration. Please click on the category that best suits your situation.
- Individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education,
business or athletics.
- Outstanding professors and researchers
- Multinational managers and executives transferred to the U.S.
- Individuals with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
- Professionals with advanced degrees
- Professionals with bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
- Skilled workers with at least two years experience, training or
- Other workers with less than two years of training or experience.
- Religious workers
- Persons seeking reacquisition of U.S. citizenship, or returning residents who have been outside the U.S. for an extended period of time.
Foreign investors who purchase or create a new US enterprise:
- Invest or be actively in the process of investing US$1 million (may be as
little as US $500,000 for investment in a targeted employment area)
- Create at least 10 new full-time positions for US citizen or immigrant
workers within 2 years