C-1 Transit Visa

Travelers passing through the United States don’t need to be trapped in the airport. The C-1 Visa, also known as the transit visa, enables traveling non-immigrants to leave the airport and visit family or friends, sight-see or shop. While you are required to leave the US on your departing flight, you are able to spend your waiting time enjoying your surroundings. Each traveling family member should apply for a separate C-1 visa.

The visa will be generally applied for directly at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Be prepared to document the following:

  1. You are entering the US only to pass through in transit.
  2. You have enough funds to reach your proposed destination.
  3. You have a ticket or other means to reach your proposed destination.
  4. You have permission to enter the country of your final destination, if necessary.