I Visas for Representative of Media

The I Visa is available to a bona fide representative of a foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media, and would include reporters, freelance journalists and film crew members, etc. Mainstream filmmakers are not eligible for this status.

I visas are available only to persons who work for a foreign media outlet, or a US-based subsidiary of a foreign media company.

Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be eligible for a derivative I status.